Substance use disorders in the geriatric population: Understanding a rapidly changing landscape
Published on June 20, 2014
Note: accompanying slides available at:
Presentation is recommended to be printed or downloaded from Google docs for best appearance.
Presented on June 18, 2014
"Substance use disorders in the geriatric population: Understanding a rapidly changing landscape"
John Lichtsinn, MD
PGY-4, University of Minnesota, Department of Psychiatry
1. Recognize this country's rapidly changing age demographics
2. Explain characteristics of the baby boomer population as it relates to substance use disorders
3. Assess how both licit and illicit drugs affect the geriatric population differently than other age groups
4. Compare screening methods for substance use disorders in the geriatric population
5. Summarize treatment recommendations for substance use disorders in the geriatric population
*For more information about this lecture, please contact Dr. John Lichtsinn email@example.com or Dr. Christian Buhr firstname.lastname@example.org
**For more information about the University of Minnesota's Psychiatry Grand Rounds, click here: http://www.psychiatry.umn.edu/education/grand-rounds/home.html
(CME credits are not granted for online viewing)